Mail Merge for Bulk Email
Mail merge lets you send emails that are personalized for each recipient.
A merge field is a field you can put in an email template to incorporate values from a record . For example, you can place a merge field in an email template so that the greeting includes the recipient’s name rather than a generic “Hello!”.
RunPTO has predefined merge fields which you can include in your email.
- x:name – Name of the recipient
- x:pname – Name of the Parent Teacher Organization/Booster Club
- x:cal – Calendar
- x:board – List of Board/Chairpersons
- x:news – Newsletter
- x:min – Meeting Minutes
- x:mform – Membership Signup Form
- x:sform -Signup Forms
- x:form -Volunteer Signip
- x:dir -Student Directory
- x:reg – Student Registration form
- x:login -RunPTO Login link
Sample Email with Merge Fields
It’s time for another exciting school year to start and an important part of x:pname.
x:pname supports critical academic needs, is an active voice on decisions that impact your child’s health, safety and quality of education, and builds a stronger, more inclusive school community. We invite you to join and PTO For Your Child because increasing our membership, even by one, makes it possible to:
- Signup for events: x:sform
- Check your calendar: x:cal
- Your favorite PTO Members: x:board
- Your Newsletter: x:news
- Your PTO in action: x:min
- Various Forms: x:form
- Student Directory: x:dir
- Student Registration: x:reg
- RunPTO Login Link: x:login
There is no wrong or right way to be involved – anything you can give, whether it’s time or money, will support your child’s potential. We invite you to join because we can do more together than apart. It only takes 5 minutes: