RunPTO Onboarding Guide
RunPTO Onboarding Video
Whether you’re new to RunPTO or have been using the software for a while, getting started is easy. You can begin by watching the onboarding video below. In this video, we will provide a brief explanation of each of the software’s modules and how they can be used to help manage your Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) or Booster Club..
Steps for Onboarding
In this guide, we will provide a step-by-step guide to help you get started with using RunPTO for your Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) or Booster Club. We will cover the following topics:
- Step 1: Initial Setup
- Step 2: Organization Structure
- Step 3: Create Security Roles/Users
- Step 4: Calendar
- Step 5: Website Builder
- Step 6: Document Storage
- Step 7: Membership
- Step 8: Finance Manager
- Step 9: Student Directory
- Step 10: Volunteer Management
- Step 11: Signup Forms
- Step 12: Workflow Forms
- Step 13: Online Store
- Step 14: URL Links & QR Code
- Step 15: Email Blast
In each step, we have included detailed videos and presentations as well as other resources to help you learn how to use RunPTO effectively. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Initial Setup
- Read the Knowledge Base Initial Setup article to complete the initial setup needed.
- Check out the RunPTO User Flow
Step 2: Organization Structure
- Check out the Organization Setup video.
- Start with your Organization Structure
- Set up your Board/Chairperson List and Committee List in Organization module
Step 3: Create Roles/Users
- Check out the Security Roles/Users video.
- Decide who will be assigned to what task in RunPTO and accordingly create the Security Roles if needed. There will be default security roles created when you sign up.
- Now that you have a list of your Board/Chairperson list and Committee list, decide on who will be charge of which module and accordingly create the Users and assign the Security Roles to them.
Step 4: Calendar
- Check out the Calendar Management video.
- Your PTO or Club will have various events for the school year. Setup up your Calendar Events for the School Year
Step 5: Website Builder
- Check out the Website Builder video
- RunPTO has a website builder where you can easily create a nice website for your PTO/PTA or Booster club. There are 3 templates to choose from.
- You can start with the Clearwater template to build your website or you can use the Neptune Template
Step 6: Documents Storage
- Check out the Document Management video.
- Every Organization has documents. RunPTO allows you to store various types of documents from Newsletter, Meeting Minutes, Forms, Bylaws/Policies and Membership Docs .
- You can share this with URL links or embed it on your website.
- Document Storage presentation.
Step 7: Membership
- Check out the Membership video.
- Check out the Membership Checklist.
- Every PTO, PTA or Booster Club collects membership dues, hosts events and fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for the organization.
- Start with the Membership Setup.
- Check out how the Membership form works.
- See how the members can get QR Coded Membership Cards
- Membership Directory for tracking Members and their payments.
- Membership Presentation.
Step 8: Finance Manager
- Check out the Finance Manager video.
- Check out the Finance Manager presentation.
- Check out the Accounting Checklist.
- Then go to the Finance Manager Introduction
- Complete your Chart of Accounts
- After Chart of Accounts, do the Yearly Budget
- When you are starting out for the first time, enter the opening bank balances. Then you can start entering the Deposits, Withdrawals and Transfer transactions as they occur.
- Learn how to do Bank Reconcilation every month.
- Display/Print the Bank Register and Transaction reports any time you want them or check out the Dashboard.
- For your Treasurer’s Report every month you will need the Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- And at end of the financial year , generate the 990EZ IRS tax form data.
Step 9: Student Directory
- Check out the Student Directory video.
- Check out the Student Directory Checklist.
- The Student Directory feature can be used to add data manually or you can collect data online or you can send a CSV or XLS formatted file and RunPTO will import the Student data in the database.
- Check out the Student Directory features
- Learn how to do New Student Directory Registration Online
- How to create the Teacher/Staff Directory
- Website/Mobile version of the Student Directory
- If you already have the data in a excel spreadsheet, the format to send to RunPTO to get it imported
- Student Directory Presentation
Step 10: Volunteer Management
- Check out the Volunteer Signup video.
- Check out the Volunteer Signup Checklist.
- There are 2 ways Volunteer Signup Form can be presented on the screen. You have the option of showing all the committees or only committees where volunteers are needed. If you select ‘Show Available Committees’ then you will need to go on the Committees and enter the number of volunteers required.
- Read more on Volunteer Signup Forms.
- Volunteer Management Presentation
Step 11: Signup Forms
- There are many events that are hosted by the PTO, PTA and Booster Clubs.
- Read here on how to create signup forms for the various events for your organization.
- Signup Forms Presentation
Step 12: Workflow Forms
- If you are a Parent Teacher Organization, you likely have some sort of PTO/PTA expense form reimbursement process in place. If that process involves strings of emails or (even less efficient) paper forms with attached receipts, there’s a better way!
- Check out the Expense Reimbursement Form Workflow process.
- And for volunteers that are collecting cash at events, there is the Deposit Form Workflow process
Step 13: Online Store
- Read here on creating your organization’s Online Store
Step 14: URL Links and QR Codes
- URL Links are great when you want to send those links via email or embed it on the website. Clicking on the URL links takes you directly to the specific application.
- QR Codes are great when parents can just scan a code on a paper on a desk or a wall and it takes then directly to the Signup App.
Step 15: Email Blast
- Check out the Email Blast video.
- Send emails to specific groups, like Members, Chairs, Volunteers, Committees.
And that’s it—you’re all set up with RunPTO at your organization!
Questions on anything in this guide? Don’t hesitate to contact our Support team at support@runpto,com for priority support.